Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Burnout rate and risk factors among anesthesiologists in the United States.Anesthesiology. 2021; 134: 683-696
- Physician burnout: contributors, consequences and solutions.J Intern Med. 2018; 283: 516-529
- Taking Action Against Clinician Burnout: A Systems Approach to Professional Well-Being.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2019
- A blueprint for organizational strategies to promote the well-being of health care professionals.NEJM Catal. 2020; 1https://doi.org/10.1056/CAT.20.0266
- Executive leadership and physician well-being: nine organizational strategies to promote engagement and reduce burnout.Mayo Clin Proc. 2017; 92: 129-146
Rockville MD. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Creating a healthier life: a step-by-step guide to wellness. US Dept of Health and Human Services 2016.
- Programme on Mental Health: WHOQOL User Manual, 2012 revision.World Health Organization, Geneva (Switzerland)1998
- Strategies to improve quality of life at the end of life: interdisciplinary team perspectives.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018; 35: 411-416
- Determinants of work-related quality of life in French anesthesiologists.Anesth Analg. 2021; 133: 863-872
- New insights into burnout and health care: strategies for improving civility and alleviating burnout.Med Teach. 2017; 39: 160-163
- Beyond burnout: a physician wellness hierarchy designed to prioritize interventions at the systems level.Am J Med. 2019; 132: 556-563
- Leading Change.Harvard Business Review Press, Boston (MA)2012
- Designing well-being: using design thinking to engage residents in developing well-being interventions.Acad Med. 2020; 95: 1038-1042
IDEO (Firm). The field guide to human-centered design : design kit.; 2015.
Stanford d.school. Design Thinking Bootleg. Stanford, California; 2018.
- Basics of quality improvement in health care.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 735-739
- Strategies for implementing implementation science: a methodological overview.Emerg Med J. 2016; 33: 660-664
- Human-centered design lessons for implementation science: improving the implementation of a patient-centered care intervention.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019; 82: S230-S243
- Approach to human-centered, evidence-driven adaptive design (AHEAD) for health care interventions: a proposed framework.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 1041-1048
- Science of improvement: forming the team.(Available at:)Accessed August 8, 2021)
- Wellness-centered leadership: equipping health care leaders to cultivate physician well-being and professional fulfillment.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000003907
- Applied Imagination; Principles and Procedures of Creative Thinking.Scribner, New York1953
- Quality improvement essentials toolkit. Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Boston, MA.(Available at:)Accessed September 21, 2021)
- Outcomes for implementation research: conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011; 38: 65-76https://doi.org/10.1007/s10488-010-0319-7
- PICK chart. Wikipedia, 2021 (Available at:)Accessed August 25, 2021)
- How to Improve | IHI - Institute for Healthcare Improvement.(Available at:)Accessed December 16, 2020)
Health Quality Ontario. Measurement for Quality Improvement. Toronto (ON): Health Quality Ontario; 2013.