Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. National Health Expenditure Data Fact Sheet. 2016. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/nationalhealthexpenddata/nhe-fact-sheet.html. Accessed January 13, 2017.
- The Initial impact of the medicare prospective payment system on US health care: a review of the literature.Med Care Rev. 1991; 48: 91-115
- Health spending in the 1980s: integration of clinical practice patterns with management.Health Care Financ Rev. 1984; 3: 1-68
- Medicare's prospective payment system: a critical appraisal.Health Care Financ Rev. 1992; 1991: 45-77
- Estimating physicians’ work for a resource-based relative value scale.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 835-841
- Anesthesia for outpatient surgery.JAMA. 1966; 196: 98-100
- The surgicenter. An innovation in the delivery and cost of medical care.Ariz Med. 1969; 26: 801-814
- The surgicenter: an ambulatory surgical facility.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 1974; 17: 217-230
- Changing patterns of surgical care in the United States: 1980-1985.Health Care Financ Rev. 1999; 21
- Ambulatory and inpatient procedures in the United States, 1995.Vital Health Stat 13. 1998; 135: 1-116
- A profile of anesthesia practice patterns.Health Aff. 1988; 7: 118-131
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Surgeries in U.S. Hospitals. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. 2015. Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/infographics/inpt_outpt.jsp. Accessed January 27, 2017.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Ambulatory Surgery Centers. 2011. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/ASCPayment/Downloads/C_ASC_RTC-2011.pdf. Accessed on January 26, 2017.
- Ambulatory care and healthcare reform.Ann Health Law. 1993; 2: 215-224
Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Institute of Medicine. 2001. Available at: https://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2001/Crossing-the-Quality-Chasm-A-New-Health-System-for-the-21st-Century.aspx. Accessed February 2, 2017.
To Err is Human: Building a safer health system. Institute of Medicine. 1999. Available at: https://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/1999/To-Err-is-Human-Building-A-Safer-Health-System.aspx. Accessed February 2, 2017.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System. 2016. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/downloads/HospitalOutpaysysfctsht.pdf. Accessed January 27, 2017.
- Public reporting and pay for performance in hospital quality improvement.N Engl J Med. 2007; 256: 486-496
- Defining and measuring the patient-centered medical home.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 601-612
- The perioperative surgical home (PSH): a comprehensive review of US and non-US studies shows predominantly positive quality and cost outcomes.Milbank Q. 2014; 92: 796-821
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Bundled Payment Care Initiatives (BPCI). 2017. Available at: https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/bundled-payments/. Accessed January 18, 2017.
Health Care Center Incentives Improvement Institute. PROMETHEUS Payment. Available at: www.hci3.org/programs-efforts/prometheus-payment. Accessed on February 2, 2017.
Overland D. “BSBSNC bundles payments for better coordination, quality, costs.” FierceHealthcare. 2013. Available at: www.fiercehealthcare.com/payer/bcbsnc-bundles-payments-for-better-coordination-quality-costs. Accessed February 2, 2017.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Accountable Care Organizations. 2015. Available at: www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/ACO/index.html. Accessed January 19, 2017.
- Medicare shared savings program: accountable care organizations. Final Rule.Fed Regist. 2011; 76: 67802-67990
- The Pioneer accountable care organization model: improving quality and lowering costs.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1635-1636
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Next Generation ACO Model. 2017. Available at: https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/Next-Generation-ACO-Model/. Accessed on January 18, 2017.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015. HR 2. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2. Accessed January 21, 2017.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement model. Available at: http://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/ccjr/. Accessed January 21, 2017.
- CMS: engaging multiple payers in payment reform.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1967-1968
- Setting value-based payment goals: HHS efforts to improve U.S. health care.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 897-899
Disclosure Statement: We have no financial disclosures to report.