Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Anesthesiology Clinics
- Impact of regional versus general anesthesia on the clinical outcomes of patients undergoing major lower extremity amputation.Ann Vasc Surg. 2014; 28: 1149-1156
- Regional versus general anesthesia in surgical patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: does avoiding general anesthesia reduce the risk of postoperative complications?.Anesth Analg. 2015; 120: 1405-1412
- Safety of local anesthesia combined with monitored intravenous sedation for American Society of Anesthesiologists 3 and 4 patients undergoing lower limb-preservation procedures.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49: 152-154
- Lumbar plexus block reduces pain and blood loss associated with total hip arthroplasty.Anesthesiology. 2000; 93: 115-121
- The use of neuraxial catheters for postoperative analgesia in neonates: a multicenter safety analysis from the Pediatric Regional Anesthesia Network.Anesth Analg. 2016; 122: 1965-1970
- Epidural combined with general anesthesia versus general anesthesia alone in patients undergoing free flap breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 502e-509e
- Perioperative management for one day hospital admission: regional anesthesia is better than general anesthesia.Acta Anaesthesiol Belg. 2004; 55: 33-36
- A factorial trial of six interventions for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 2441-2451
- Randomized clinical trial investigating the stress response from two different methods of analgesia after laparoscopic colorectal surgery.Br J Surg. 2015; 102: 1473-1479
- Regional anaesthesia and analgesia: relationship to cancer recurrence and survival.Br J Anaesth. 2015; 115: ii34-ii45
- Anticoagulants and spinal-epidural anesthesia.Anesth Analg. 1994; 79: 1165-1177
- Regional anesthesia in the patient receiving antithrombotic or thrombolytic therapy: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Evidence-Based Guidelines (Third Edition).Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2010; 35: 64-101
- Caution in performing epidural injections in patients on several antiplatelet drugs.Anesthesiology. 1999; 91: 1558-1559
George M, Brenner CWS. Anticoagulant, antiplatelet, and fibrinolytic drugs. Accessed July 31, 2016.
Horlocker TT. Neuraxial anesthesia and anticoagulation. Faust's anesthesiology review. 4th edition.
- Platelet function testing in patients on antiplatelet medications.Semin Thromb Hemost. 2016; 42: 306-320
- Safe removal of an epidural catheter 72 hours after clopidogrel and aspirin administrations guided by platelet function analysis and thromboelastography.J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmaco. 2013; 29: 99-101
- Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors: an update on the mechanism of action and use of functional testing methods to assess antiplatelet efficacy.Biomark Med. 2011; 5: 63-70
- Guideline for reversal of antithrombotics in intracranial hemorrhage: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Neurocritical Care Society and Society of Critical Care Medicine.Neurocit Care. 2016; 24: 6-46
Jack Hirsh C, Raschke R. Heparin and low-molecularweight heparin The Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy Chest. 2004.
- The activated partial thromboplastin time as a monitor of heparin therapy: a warning.Johns Hopkins Med J. 1977; 140: 311-315
- Epidural hematoma following epidural analgesia in a patient receiving unfractionated heparin for thromboprophylaxis.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2000; 25: 72-75
- Twice vs three times daily heparin dosing for thromboembolism prophylaxis in the general medical population: a metaanalysis.Chest. 2007; 131: 507-516
- Meta-analysis of thoracic epidural anesthesia versus general anesthesia for cardiac surgery.Anesthesiology. 2011; 114: 271-282
- Low-molecular-weight heparin and prevention of postoperative deep vein thrombosis.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1982; 284: 375-379
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of low molecular weight heparins for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in medically ill patients.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 367-380
Villa-Forte Gomes MP. FIRST CONSULT Principles of anticoagulation Clinical Key: FIRST CONSULT. 2012. Accessed May 05, 2016.
- Management of anticoagulation agents in trauma patients.Clin Lab Med. 2014; 34: 563-574
- Risk of combining low molecular weight heparin for thromboprophylaxis and epidural or spinal anesthesia.Semin Thromb Hemost. 1993; 19: 147-151
- Reversal strategies for non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants: a critical appraisal of available evidence and recommendations for clinical management-a joint position paper of the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy and European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis.Eur Heart J. 2015;
- Factor VII levels and international normalized ratios in the early phase of Warfarin therapy.Anesthesiology. 2010; 112: 298-304
- Retrospective analysis of the incidence of epidural haematoma in patients with epidural catheters and abnormal coagulation parameters.British Journal of Anaesthesia. 2015; 114: 808-811
- Bleeding complications with warfarin use: a prevalent adverse effect resulting in regulatory action.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1414-1419
- National utilization patterns of warfarin use in older patients with atrial fibrillation: a population-based study of Medicare Part D beneficiaries.Ann Pharmacother. 2013; 47: 35-42
- National trends in ambulatory oral anticoagulant use.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 1300-1305
- Periprocedural bleeding and thromboembolic events with dabigatran compared with warfarin: results from the Randomized Evaluation of Long-Term Anticoagulation Therapy (RE-LY) randomized trial.Circulation. 2012; 126: 343-348
- The effect of the direct factor Xa inhibitors apixaban and rivaroxaban on haemostasis tests: a comprehensive assessment using in vitro and ex vivo samples.Pathology. 2016; 48: 60-71
- Dabigatran etexilate – a novel, reversible, oral direct thrombin inhibitor: interpretation of coagulation assays and reversal of anticoagulant activity.Thromb Haemost. 2010; 103: 1116-1127
- The pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and tolerability of dabigatran etexilate, a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, in healthy male subjects.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2007; 64: 292-303
- Edoxaban effects on bleeding following punch biopsy and reversal by a 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate.Circulation. 2015; 131: 82-90
- Direct thrombin inhibitors.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1028-1040
- Regional anaesthesia and antithrombotic agents: recommendations of the European Society of Anaesthesiology.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2010; 27: 999-1015
- Oral thrombin inhibitor dabigatran etexilate vs North American enoxaparin regimen for prevention of venous Thromboembolism.J Arthroplasty. 2009; 24: 1-9
- Dabigatran etexilate prevents venous thromboembolism after total knee arthroplasty in Japanese patients with safety profile comparable to placebo.J Arthroplasty. 2010; 9: 1267-1274
- Novel oral anticoagulants: implications in the perioperative setting.Anesthesiology. 2010; 113: 726-745
- New oral anticoagulants and regional anaesthesia.Br J Anaesth. 2013; 111: 96-113
- Selected new antithrombotic agents and neuraxial anaesthesia for major orthopaedic surgery: management strategies.Anaesthesia. 2007; 11: 1154-1160
- Surgery and invasive procedures in patients on long-term treatment with direct oral anticoagulants: thrombin or factor-Xa inhibitors. Recommendations of the Working Group on Perioperative Haemostasis and the French Study Group on Thrombosis and Haemostasis.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2011; 104: 669-676
- Safety of low-dose subcutaneous enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after primary intracerebral haemorrhage.Thromb Res. 2008; 123: 206-212
- Hemodialysis for the treatment of dabigatran-associated bleeding: a case report and systematic review.J Thromb Haemost. 2015; 10: 1790-1798
- Reversing anticoagulant effects of novel oral anticoagulants: role of ciraparantag, andexanet alfa, and idarucizumab.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2016; 12: 35-44
- The mechanism of action of rivaroxaban–an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitor–compared with other anticoagulants.Thromb Res. 2011; 127: 497-504
- The safety and efficacy of extended thromboprophylaxis with fondaparinux after major orthopedic surgery of the lower limb with or without a neuraxial or deep peripheral nerve catheter: the EXPERT study.Anesth Analg. 2007; 105: 1540-1547
- Andexanet alfa for the reversal of factor Xa inhibitor activity.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2413-2424
- Reversing the effect of oral anticoagulant drugs: established and newer options.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2016; 16: 163-170
- Herbal medicines: current trends in anesthesiology practice–a hospital survey.J Clin Anesth. 2000; 12: 468-471
Horlocker TT, Wedel DJ, Rowlingson JC, et al. Interim update: Anticoagulation. 3rd edition. 2016.